Monday, July 19, 2010

Saving Pennies at Plato's closet- Thrift Store Shopping

As many of you may know, I love thrift stores. It's very rare that I purchase clothes full price or brand new. Call it a love affair between vintage and cheapness, but I have a slight obsession with a store called Plato's closet here in Dallas, Tx. I am a fan of two- one in Euless, and another in Irving. These are my favorites as the clothing they have often is brand new and I am a fan of dresses which both stores carry a lot of (nice) dresses.

Twice a year, they hold a "Grab Bag" sell. At this sell, you put as many "clearance/selected items of clothing in a bag all for 10 dollars. I went to this event this weekend, and while it's not my normal free event- it definitely is a bargain i couldn't pass up. Check out all the items i bought for under 22 dollars!



















I ended up leaving with the following items: 11 dresses, 11 tops, 4 tanks, 2 pairs of shorts, 1 skirt, 1 pair of jeans, 1 pair of shoes, and 3 blouses. That is a steal! From forever 21 to banana republic, the name brands and outfits ranged. This reset my wardrobe to a totally different area.

The lesson here- check your thrift stores for super saving days. Salvation army has this monthly and sometimes weekly. Check them out for a variety of essentials such as jackets, and plain tshirts. I have even gotten jeans for a buck just so that i could rip some. Its a great place to stretch your money!

List of stores I shop at: Buffalo Exchange, Plato's Closet, Salvation Army, Goodwill .....

No comments:

Post a Comment